Deadline for applications: Friday November 10, 2006
Applications should be send to the IFFR, firstname.lastname@example.org
The 9th IFFR Trainee Project for Young Film Critics of the International Film Festival Rotterdam offers up to six young (under 30 years), motivated and talented film critics from outside The Netherlands a chance to get acquainted with the festival and the cinema of the world.
The Trainee Project for Young Film Critics was created in 1998 motivated by the fact that young and upcoming film critics get less opportunities to explore this range of cinema and the festivals, like the International Film Festival Rotterdam, that presents it. The IFFR’s CineMart organises a trainee project for young film producers (Rotterdam Lab) in close collaboration with its partner organisations.
What to expect:
- IFFR 2007 press accreditation
- budget hotel accommodation from January 24 – February 3, 2007
- (part of) travel costs according to country of origin.
- The IFFR wants its trainee film critics to really participate in the festival. Each trainee will take part in a programme of meetings and will be assigned a specific task ranging from attending the FIPRESCI Jury-meetings, covering a festival sidebar or contributing to the IFFR Daily Tiger. Each trainee will also be asked to report on their assignments and experiences in articles, interviews or essays on the IFFR website. There will be time to explore all aspects of the festival – films, art exhibitions, panel discussions, Q&A sessions and debates.
- In addition, the trainees should work on articles to be published in their home country. The trainees will form a team, supported by the IFFR Press Office and Daily Tiger Editorial Staff.
Criteria for application:
- Age under 30 years
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Demonstrable experience in film criticism (printed media, radio/television, online)
- Not yet established enough to profit from facilities as attending international festivals outside your country.
- Have agreement(s) with printed and/or online media to publish a report or reports on the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2007.
How to apply?
Find all application requirements on the IFFR website.
Deadline for applications: Friday November 10, 2006. Applications received after this date risk not to be proceeded. Notification before Dec 8, 2006.
For further information, please contact:
IFFR Press Office
contact person Gert-Jan Bleeker
via phone +31 10 8909090 or e-mail email@example.com