Nu är det dags att söka till Berlin Talent campus för unga filmkritiker. Senast 15 oktober måste din ansökan vara inne. Nedan följer information från Fipresci om hur du gör för att söka.
Berlinale Talent Campus # 6 – The Talent Press
Call for Applications
Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe-Institute
and FIPRESCI invite young film critics to Berlin.
Dear Friends of Film,
We would like to invite you and/or your colleagues to apply for The Talent Press, a project of the Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe-Institute, and FIPRESCI (the International Federation of Film Critics). Young film critics and film journalists will be invited to Berlin to report on the films at the 58th Berlin International Film Festival (February 07 – 17, 2008) and on the events of the Berlinale Talent Campus (February 9 – 14, 2008).
The application phase for the Talent Press started. The following application criteria can also be found online
Eligible are young film critics or journalists:
– who are fluent in English (writing and speaking)
– who are under 30 years
– who are eager to report on films within the framework of the Berlin International Film Festival and on events held during the Berlinale Talent Campus 2008
– who have published articles in newspapers, film magazines, on websites or at universities
What we expect from you:
– to work equally in all fields of journalism: you will write interviews, reviews, reports, articles and features on the Berlinale Talent Campus and the Berlin International Film Festival
– to attend daily editorial meetings with their mentors (see below)
This material may be published on www.berlinale-talentcampus.de and www.fipresci.org. Participants will grant unlimited use and exploitation rights in and to all articles and reviews done in the framework of the Berlinale Talent Campus and the Berlin International Film Festival.
What we will offer you:
– a share of the travel expenses according to your country of origin
– free accommodation in youth hostels in Berlin from February 08 to 16, 2008
– the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet and to be with 350 young talented filmmakers from all over the world and to experience the day-to-day buzz of a prestigious A-Festival
– you will be guided through the Berlin International Film Festival by Peter Cowie (former International Publishing Director of ”Variety” and author of many books on film), Oliver Baumgarten (Chief Editor ”Schnitt”) and other renowned film critics. Rubaica Jaliwala is your contact person from the Berlinale Talent Campus team.
– Every day, you will write a critique about a film from the festival program or short reviews of an event at the Campus program, and will discuss and review it with their fellow participants and film critics.
Your online application should include:
– Curriculum vitae and personal data (address, email etc.)
– up to three (3) original copies of articles that you have published in the last two (2) years (if these articles are not in English you should supply us with a decent translation as a proof of your English writing skills for each article)
Your steps to completing an online application:
– You can only apply on the Berlinale Talent Campus website
(All the relevant information and the application form can be found under the menu point APPLICATION. Be sure to choose the Talent Press Application.)
– Get an application number on our website.
– Log in and fill out the complete online application form.
– Please ensure that you have filled out the online application completely. If you are unable to upload your articles you can send them by regular mail.
– Your work must be at the Berlinale Talent Campus by October 15th, 2007. Please make sure your name and application number are clearly displayed on your articles.
If you have any queries please contact
The application deadline is October 15th, 2007. Successful candidates will be notified by the end of December.
Watch out for the new features on the website!
The Talent Campus website www.berlinale-talentcampus.de has been completely relaunched to offer more information at a glance about talents, alumni and the renowned experts.
Berlinale Talent Campus Team
Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin
Potsdamer Strasse 5
T +49 (30) 259 20 515
F +49 (30) 259 20 519
The Berlinale Talent Campus is an initiative of the Berlin International Film Festival. The Talent Press is organised in co-operation with FIPRESCI, Goethe Institute and Goethe Forum.